Tuesday 30 October 2012

Here be Dragons


So, I am still living in The House of Tiny Tearaways (we have also added mice, and moths in the kitchen cupboards, to the household which is not very pleasant). One of my housemates was visibly horrified when I bludgeoned a moth to death on the wall with a magazine the other day. When you see 'em, kill 'em, that's my motto. I'm not taking the same approach with the mice, mind.

Anyway, some new David-the-housemate gems.
1/ He took a girl to see Shame on a date. (Award for least appropriate date movie choice ever?) I asked him if he knew what it was about before he went and he said yes. It was a second date – they unsurprisingly didn’t make it to a third.

2/ I came home the other night to find him at the table in the sitting room, constructing a number of dragons (and a wizard) from small pieces of coloured card in a kit. I was so bemused, I couldn’t even form the question as to why he was making them. He mocked my choice of TV viewing matter (True Blood – I know it’s schlocky, but I like it), which caused me to retort, ‘I AM NOT THE ONE MAKING DRAGONS OUT OF BITS OF CARD, DAVID’. His reply, ‘I’m making the wizard now, actually’. He really is a genius. He’s just posted on our house FB page that we now have a MarioKart trophy. I’d kind of like to live in his head for a day, it must be quite an intriguing place to be.

I also tried watching the much-hyped Girls on TV and then Tiny Child Ben walked in at the beginning of the second episode when they’re having very noisy sex. I don’t think he believed me when I said it was ‘the new Sex and the City’, especially as I was so flustered that I tried to turn over to Newsnight… Living with 6 people does have its drawbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment