Tuesday 30 October 2012

Bonding with Daniel


What did you do with the extra hour on Sunday morning, then? I, of course, woke up at 7.40am (so, in theory, I’d had a lie in, if I was assuming it was 8.40am Old Time), my brain having amused itself by creating another Weird Celebrity Dream. This time, I was going out with Daniel Craig. Yes!! I’ve upgraded from having awkward chats with members of Take That in the back of a taxi and I’ve got a celebrity boyfriend! And not just any Celeb BF, actual JAMES BOND. Wow, my psyche is really upping the ante here, I thought. Before wondering, in the dream, (not unreasonably) what on earth Daniel Craig was doing going out with me (see, even when unconscious, I’m realistic about my place in the pecking order). And then having the terrible realisation – on top of not feeling A-listy, beautiful and interesting enough to go out with Daniel Craig – and once I'd stopped giggling wildly like a nervous chimp at the idea that he fancied me, that, um, we had nothing in common. And that actually he was quite dull.
No offence to the real-life DC, by the way, who by all accounts is charming, lovely and a jolly good bloke.
The dream culminated in Everyone’s Favourite Blue-Eyed Bond inexplicably throwing those little paper cups (you know the ones that you get jam in when you have a cream tea in a Cornish cafe? Those) at me and making me catch them. He’d filled them with honey instead of jam, though (no doubt as part of the numerous Skyfall product placement deals, 007 isn't allowed to have jam on his toast of a morning and has to have honey instead). Of course I was failing miserably to catch them, because my hand/eye co-ordination is non-existent. ‘You have to WATCH IT’, he kept saying, lobbing another one at me from a different angle. I got the hang of it just as I woke up. So, hey, maybe we could’ve made it work after all. I am now even more keen to check out Skyfall to see if JB woos a lady by throwing small paper cups of honey at her to test her reflexes.

No comments:

Post a Comment