Friday 27 August 2010

Middle Class Dilemmas No. 2

What do you do when, in an effort to be healthy, you've chosen a salad from M&S, which you then finds contains not only a staggering 510 calories, but even worse a cholesterol-busting 32 grams of fat? That's, the labelling informs me, 46% of my daily allowance, lard-wise. All it consisted of was about 5 small bits of feta cheese, a few lumps of unripe avocado, a few seeds, some cous cous and a bit of dressing. I decided the bulk of the calories were in the dressing, so was sparing with that, but really, I might as well have just had half a pizza. Or a curry. It's no wonder people think dieting is a waste of time.

1 comment:

  1. I HAD THAT FOR LUNCH TODAY! Shocked to the core and quite upset. But yes - must be the dressing. I only had about a teaspoonful. I didn't check the calories because by the time I thought to check I had already opened it and the nutrition info is on the bottom. I figured "it seems pretty healthy" and cracked into it. Sigh. Apparently it also has more salt than a packet of crisps. Maybe I should have just had a Burger King.

    ReplyDelete