Saturday 22 October 2011

Baby It's Cold Outside

Before I moved up North, I used to have an unwritten rule that I wouldn't put the heating on till the beginning of November. This year, in another first, I had the heating on in the evening before the end of August. I'm resisting putting it on in the morning, but only just. I put my winter jacket away for all of six weeks over the summer. When people joked about the 'summer' in Scotland, I thought to myself, 'Yeah, but I've been to the Festival in August and it's been boiling'. Those, my friends, were the halcyon days, it seems. The sun shines here and there are beautiful blue skies, but don't be deceived. It. Is. Bloody. Freezing.

I am in full winter coat already. If I were a dog, I'd have moulted around the August Bank Holiday. I feel like a confused hedgehog, not knowing when to start hibernating; it feels like it should be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment